Digital Systems for Humans (DS4H) is a graduate school and a pluridisciplinary research coordination structure focused on scientific, technological and human aspects of the digital world and the digital society. It is part of Université Côte d’Azur, one of the ten French most research-intensive universities.
In 2021, we are awarding 7 research grants in all domains of Digital Systems and the Digital Society, including 4 grants with thematic priorities:
- Digital and Social Sciences
- Digital and the Environment
- Artificial Intelligence, in partnership with the 3IA Côte d’Azur
- Neural and Cognitive Systems Modelling, in partnership with Neuromod Institute
Contracts are expected to start between July and December 2021.
Find out more on our website about the proposed subjects in Automatic Control, Signal and Image Processing, Mathematics applied to digital science, Computer science, Electronics and Human and social Sciences:
Here are some topics open this year (list updated daily on our website until May, 2nd. Visit us regularly!):
AUTOMATIC CONTROL, SIGNAL, AND IMAGE PROCESSING
- Tensor Data Analysis and Machine Learning for Atrial Fibrillation Characterization
- Optimal resource allocation in mathematical models of micro-organisms under dynamic environmental conditions
- Spatio-temporal representation of large scale environments
- Coupling, synchronization, and control of cellular oscillators through mathematical modeling and analysis
- Leveraging the wealth of available data for network monitoring and troubleshooting
- Hint Typing, Optimistic Compilation of Dynamic Languages
- Identification of Dynamic Parameters for Gene Networks using Bio-inspired computation and Reinforcement Learning
- New Distributed Methods for Solving Large Markov Chains
- Génération de code source efficace pour le contrôle des systèmes synchrones critiques
- Emotion Detection using Deep Learning
- Logical Time for Safety-Critical Systems in an Uncertain Environment
- Colouring digraphs
- Evolution over time of the structure of social graphs
- Reconnaissance de programmes par réseaux de neurones et intelligence artificielle
- Efficient Scheduling of Uncertain Logical Clock Specifications
- 3D Semantic reconstruction of urban scenes from satellite imagery
- Parametric Shape Approximation from 3D data measurements
- Formal evidence for motion planning
- Automatic generation of constrained text for the detection and monitoring of visual pathologies: Development of fundamental AI methods in automatic language processing
- Measuring the Carbon Footprint of Internet Users and Services
- Temporal Dysfunction Safety Analysis using Logical Time Constraints
- Data streaming and Batch Processing on Stamina: Optimizing the data processing path from the Kernel to the Middleware
- Design of Smart and Integrated Antenna for CubeSat - Conception d'antenne reconfigurable et intégrée pour CubeSat
HUMAN AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Industrial IoT Ecosystems Structure and Management: Insights from Complementors Firms’ Adaptation
- Eye movements in response to different brain activities measured by eye-tracking: a prospective and modeling study
Funding category: Contrat doctoral
PHD Country: France
Ph D Position On Stochastic Robust Optimal Control Of Autonomous Energy Networks, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 2 days ago
The vacant position is within the Networked Cyber-Physical Systems (NCPS) research group. This group aims at improving our understanding and control of cyber-physical systems composed of a large n...
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Project description The Heat is On project is concerned with heat that is needed for energy intensive processes like separation ad drying processes commonly used in the industries like agrofood, p...
Two Ph D Positions In An International Research Project (Decide) (2 X 1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 14 minutes ago
Two PhD positions in an international research project (DECIDE) (2 x 1.0 FTE) Functie On 1 July 2021 a EU funded research project called DECIDE with 19 partners in 11 countries will start for a pe...
Ph D Position In "Cyber Security For Critical Infrastructures Digital Twins" , NTNU, Norway, about 15 hours ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 9 000 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Ph D Position Learning And Control (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Organisation Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Fle...
Ph D On Ai Based Replenishment & Order Fulfillment Strategies For Supply Chains, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 14 days ago
We are looking for a PhD candidate with a background in industrial engineering, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, or computer science. Ideal candidates have affinity with computer sc...