Are you searching for a rewarding. fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? Ideally, would you like this position to be with an organization that makes a positive contribution to the world? If so…we would love to hear from you!
University of Phoenix is a leading higher education institution founded in 1976 by Dr. John Sperling. Our mission is to improve the lives of our students, their families and future generations through higher education. Our values (which, hopefully you share) are: Brave. Honest. Focused.
Our University values and embraces all team members and their unique perspectives. We fundamentally believe in fostering an environment which deeply respects, celebrates, and actively encourages a diverse workforce. We are committed to hiring –and learning from –those who share our passion to help others achieve their educational aspirations.
We offer excellent benefits, an effective recognition program, and outstanding learning and development tools, including tuition vouchers for employees and their qualified family members.
About the Position
This Part- Time Doctoral Instructor (Doctoral Faculty) supports the overall instructional and academic excellence of their respective doctoral program/content area. An individual coordinates with central administration and various stakeholders to inform University leadership about the changing needs of specific student populations for the purpose of continual quality improvement of education programs.
What You’ll Do
For the sake of brevity, we’re only going to list the key responsibilities rather than the typical laundry list. They are:
- Serve as a faculty teaching within the program curricula for online, residency and dissertation classes; teach multiple concurrent classes in accordance with teaching practices identified in the Faculty Handbook and by CoDS and University administration; effectively use a mentor/coach approach to build productive educational relationships with students.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the quality and integrity of the CoDS’ respective doctoral program, including the development and implementation of program goals and program integrity.
- Participate in and lead task forces and committees, which includes participating in the planning, implementation, and coordination of regional activities to maximize service quality effectiveness and efficiency, as required; represent and address academic concerns with campus leadership.
- Serve on dissertation committees in an assigned role as a chair, university research methodologist or panel validator; develop and maintain strong relationships by serving as a program resource for college and/or academic staff, faculty and students, and serve as a liaison for the College.
- Apply flexibility and creativity in meeting student needs, ensuring availability to students, responding to student issues and concerns, as needed, inside and outside of the classroom, based on the learning environment and according to University policy and instructional standards.
What You Bring to the Table
Once again, we’re only going to list the key requirements for this position rather than the typical laundry list. They are
- Doctorate in Health Administration, Health Innovation, Health Leadership, or a related degree OR
- Must have 3 years of senior-level health administration work experience within the health sector.
- Doctorate in any area. Faculty must meet these additional requirements
- Must have 5 years of senior-level health administration work experience within the health sector.
- Related degrees can include but are not limited to: Clinical Sciences (medical/nursing) disciplines, Health Sciences, or Public Health.
- Health sector occupations can include but are not limited to: Compliance and regulation, healthcare design, health systems, IT, management & administration, patient experience, policy and governance, practice management, or sustainability.
- Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete the self-guided Dissertation Chair Training Refresher (DCTR) annually
- Have current graduate scholarship on file.
- SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENT: All faculty members must have one record of scholarship within the last five years that meets UOPX’s definition of scholarship engagement. Faculty who do not have DCTR or graduate scholarship on file may still qualify; however, they have one year from the date the content area is approved to come into compliance with these requirements to maintain the content area approval.
About Your Next Step
If you like what you’ve read, apply for this position today!
This position cannot be performed in Colorado
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
The University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender. Sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking are forms of sex discrimination, which are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and by University policy. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator:
Bridget Beville, JD, Title IX Coordinator
4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway
Mail Stop: CF-K303
Phoenix, AZ 85040
For a complete copy of the University’s Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination Policy and additional information on Title IX, please click the Title IX Information link at the bottom of the page.
Student Services Administration Professional Iii Pharmacy Administration, The University of Arizona, United States, about 4 hours ago
Sign In Create Profile Student Services Administration Professional III - Pharmacy Administration Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5791 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Student Services Admi...
Administrative Operations Professional Ii Internal Medicine (Multiple Positions) (Phoenix), The University of Arizona, United States, 27 days ago
Sign In Create Profile Administrative Operations Professional II - Internal Medicine (Multiple Positions) (Phoenix) Phoenix, AZ, United States | req5381 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Adm...
La Alumni Chapter Asu Local Scholarship, Arizona State University, United States, 7 days ago
Sign in to bookmark Portal App Scholarship information Through the generous support of Alumni donors from the greater Los Angeles area, a fund has been established by the ASU Alumni Association's...