Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has been awarded funding from the DTE Energy Strategic Energy Management (SEM) program. We will utilize this funding and support to assess the energy efficiency of 24 buildings on the campus, establish energy teams, develop and implement building operations & maintenance improvements (BOMI), energy conservation measures (ECMs) and track utility bills for the campus buildings.
The University is committed to improving its energy efficiency and has focused on making steady progress through various operational improvements and energy-related retrofits each year. We work to optimize our energy efficiency, improve our carbon footprint, and promote a sustainable future. The DTE Energy SEM program is designed to help us take our energy management program to the next level. Through this project, the University will develop a complete energy analysis of its major campus buildings, identify potential projects, develop budget costs and Return on Investment (ROI), and prioritize our future activities based on solid data and payback analyses. As part of the DTE Energy SEM program, participants will develop a formal energy management policy, create a campus energy team, and, ultimately, foster a broader understanding of the costs of energy and the many ways that individuals and departments can help to improve our energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint.
Each SEM Student Assistant will work with Facilities Operations team members on energy and sustainability projects. SEM Student Assistants will also join other faculty and staff as members of the campus Energy and Sustainability Team. These positions are temporary, from March 15 – December 31, 2021. This position will pay $15/hr and the estimated average work hours will be ~18 to 25 hr/mo/student. This work will be done remotely but some on campus activities will be required. Students should have ability to come to the campus as required basis.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in building walkthroughs;
- Collect and summarize energy consumption information;
- Review existing Toolbox and understand all BOMI items for each building;
- Review all ECMs for each building;
- Develop energy savings calculations;
- Develop implementation strategies;
- Develop scope of work for implementation;
- Develop cost estimates for each BOMI & ECM;
- Write business cases for implementation of specific ECMs that include costs, savings, and payback analyses;
- Develop measurement and verification method for each BOMI & ECM (if applicable);
- Attend student team meetings, Energy and Sustainability Team meetings, and SEM meetings;
- Act as presenter in student meetings (rotating responsibility);
- Write reports on various BOMIs & ECMs;
- Summarize your activities each month in a formal report.
- University of Michigan-Dearborn student;
- Recommendation from UM-Dearborn faculty or staff;
- Availability to work from March 15, 2021 to Dec 31, 2021;
- Ability to organize and track data effectively within established software;
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative, team oriented environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word;
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Post Doctoral Fellow, Wayne State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Posting Number 045559 Position Title Post-Doctoral Fellow Number of Vacancies 1 School/College/Division/Institutes/Centers 06 - School of Medicine Primary Department H0613-Psychiatry and Behaviora...